Friday 19 January 2007

Your comments - Turbans attacked in Schools & Colleges

Turban Attacks!

Dear Sarabha Panjab,

The turban also known as dastar is the crown of the Punjabi nation, even if you don’t keep your hair it is still the crown of your Guru. Every Punjabi should feel passionate about the turban. Every time a turbaned Punjabi is attacked due to their turban, every single Punjabi is insulted and humiliated


But certain Punjabi girls and boys laugh when their fellow Punjabi brother or sister gets their turban knocked off. At schools not many non- turban Punjabi person intervenes and stands up for the respect of the Punjabi crown when their fellow Punjabi is being picked on due to their turban.. Instead they laugh; this is like slapping everything the Khalsa stands for. These days it is hard to wear a turban, because it makes you a target for racist gangs, so I rate anyone who is wearing the turban and keeping their roots, with no regards to their safety. At least they didn’t sell- out.

(check out these idiots http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH4tarU7u50 )

The turbaned Sikhs are keeping it real and representing the Punjabi nation, even if they get beats for wearing it. Muslim extremists hate us wearing the turban, because they don’t want us to be Sikh and proud, that’s why they attack turbaned wearing Punjabis, in schools, colleges and the streets. They want to terrify us into submission and want to see no Sikh wearing the turban.

Some boys cut their hair to attract girls, because a lot of our own Punjabi girls don’t like boy’s wearing the turban. Just because some girls have turned their back on the Faith, Should all boys keeping their hair also turn their back? Don’t become sell- outs, these girls are not worth it, if they have not been faithful to their Faith will they be faithful to you, think about it!!

We need to stand together, whether we have hair cuts, or not, because every time a person is attacked because they wear a turban, is slap on every Punjabis face. I know the sell- outs don’t care, but if you got a little bit of love for your Guru stand up for your turban wearing brothers and sisters. We should not just stand there and watch a racist attack; we should defend the victim of this serious crime.

United we stand, divided we fall

Karanjit Singh 22

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

too right! Singh is King

Anonymous said...

i lived in UK for over 10 years and i have lived in an area dominated of white community and i do believe as asian community you should stick together and stay together!i did had many people pushing me to convert to islam because i was so good at my history and my beliefs!i always came back to my dad askin question if i had any questions and asked granthi at a gurudwara!i think people should be strong minded ablout their faith!i mean our guru did so much for us the world! i would neva cut my hair and advice my fellow sikh brothers and sister not to cut their hari and keep the pride of being a sikh!also our sikh community look alot at boys regarding their cutting hair but not the girls i think parents should be held responsible for this and friends should help each other on tellin history about thier faith!WJKK WJKF

Anonymous said...

Chak de nice article man I wear a turban and I'm proud of it..
I love my turban even though many people pressure me to cut(punjabi boys who cutted their hair) , I don't feel not even a bit pressured all I say back is "It's my pride, my identity and most importantly it's my guru ji's identity so leave me alone"

I'M PROUD TO BE A SARDAR AND NEVER WILL CUT MY HAIR so please don't cut your esspically if a girl tell you becuase there are many girls in this world you will meet the one you were destined to meet.

Anonymous said...

Your right Singh is only Kaum who is never been treated discriminated or bar of other reloigions, Proud to Be Sikh, will get my identity soon, Waheguru

Herinder Singh said...

Hi every body I am real Indian Sikh, I cannot part with my turban or
B ugh. This is my identity and part of my soul, any body who tells me to cut my hair, hasn't accepted me for me and what I represent. As part of our religious brotherhood we should rise against racism and not be defeated. This may sound overwhelming to many Sikh men but if we show strength and courage, then the enemy will never even suggest us to cut our hair. Or will we receive threats of racial abuse in schools or college's. So we need to rise and fight against our oppressors, that way Sikhs will be viewed with the proper dignity they deserve, so lets rise fight UK or no UK. This is a world crisis not UK one. Doesn't matter where you are

Anonymous said...

Took me time to read the whole article, the article is great but the comments bring more brainstorm ideas, thanks.

- Johnson

In loving memory of Shaheed Kartar Singh Sarabha

Revolutionist Kartar Singh Sarabha, was just nineteen years old when he became a Shaheed in the name of freedom and justice. He appeared like a storm, ignited the flame of revolution and tried to wake up a sleeping Panjab. Such courage, self-confidence, and dedication is rarely found. Of the Panjabis who can be called revolutionaries in true sense of the word, Kartar Singh's name comes at the top.
Revolution lived in his veins. There was only one aim of his life, only one desire, and only one hope - all that held meaning in his life was revolution.
“REVOLUTION IS WRITTEN IN BLOOD”